Project Blog_"Cell Wars" 9]10//16


  • Summary
Link
     This week in science we completed a project called cell wars that we have been doing for 2 weeks.  What you had to do was chose a organelle, mine was the cell wall, and you had to say why it is the best throughout all organelles in cells then best explain that on a poster and video.  What I learned from doing this project is that most organisms have a disease.  Another thing I learned was that the cell wall is created by this sugar called cellulose.  Also that the mitochondria gives humans their energy.  The last thing that I learned is that the cell wall determines what comes in and out of each cell and determines the plants actual shape. 

  • Backward-Looking
      The things I knew before this project started was some organelles in the plant cell. Some of the things that I knew that are in the plant cell are the mitochondria, cell wall, cell membrane, and chloroplast. Another thing I knew was that the chloroplast helps the plant do the photosynthesis. Another thing I learned was that without organelles many or all living things would be dead. The last thing I knew was that only living things have organelles and cells.


  • Inward-Looking
     I feel good about my piece of work. I feel this way because I feel my group did everything correct because we followed the rubric, tried our best, and we collaborated. One thing I liked about this project was that it allowed everyone to be creative. I liked that because it made the project more fun.  One thing I disliked was that I feel on my video we could've had a little more facts. One part of the project I enjoyed was the video part of the project. I enjoyed this because it was the most fun part of the project.


  • Outward-Looking

      I'd give my groups project  an A or an A-. I'd give it this grade because I feel we did almost everything very well but I feel we could've done it a little better. For example our poster we did everything correct but I feel we could've added a little more facts and been a little more descriptive. Another example is our video I feel we could've added a little more facts. And my last example is our cite it document, I feel we could've tried a little harder because we didn't really treat as an assignment we treated as it wasn't even worth any points. I feel that if we did all these things we would've had an amazing project that is 7th or 8th grade standard.


  • Forward-Looking

     One thing I would change is trying to make video be edited a little better. Another thing I would change is make my video a little more entertaining. I would make our poster look a little better and be more professional. Also I would add some more facts in my poster and video. The last thing I would change is taking some more time on my cite it document and give a little different scores because of that.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sulfur Cycle 1/20/18

Plate Tectonics 3/10/18

Analog Vs. Digital debate - WAC 3 Argument | Nicolas Reed-8th Grade Science