More Weather 3/25/17


Coriolis Effect Image
       This week in science we went more in depth with weather for example we learned about temperature, floods, tornadoes, air pressure, and the coriolis effect. What I learned was that there is three scales for temperature before this I only knew of celsius and fahrenheit but I now learned of Kelvin. Another thing I learned was what gives wind its mass which is air molecules. I also learned that regular tornados only last for a couple minutes. One other thing I learned was that hurricanes form in the summer and hurricanes are placed on the Saffir-Simpson scale that rates them from 1-5 based on their wind speed. Another thing I learned was last year California was at a exceptional drought now only some places in California are in a moderate drought. The last thing I learned was tornados can occur at anytime but they usually occur around 3pm - 9pm.

S&EP 6_Constructing Explanations and Designing Solutions-

     This week I did a lot of creating solutions because we had a very long assignment that was about weather. We had many questions that involved you explaining something. For example I had to explain what form of precipitations affects my family the most. I even had to write three paragraphs explaining three things that were most important that I learned about weather, each question I answered was thing was one paragraph. So as you can see this week we I had to design many solutions with explanations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sulfur Cycle 1/20/18

Plate Tectonics 3/10/18

Analog Vs. Digital debate - WAC 3 Argument | Nicolas Reed-8th Grade Science