Adaptations Project 10/29/16



  •  Summary


Link
     This week in science we had a project on different types of animals and plants and the adaptations they had to make to stay alive in their habitat. What we had to do was choose a biome, (environment) and I chose desert then choose an animal and plant in that biome and find 5 adaptations for both animal and plant then put all that information on a google slide. I chose the african wild dog and saguaro cactus and some things I learned about the african wild dog is that one of the adaptations it makes is hunting in a pack to stay safer. Also they have long legs so they can run faster when they are hunting. One thing I learned about the saguaro cactus is that one of its adaptations is it has thorns so they can protect themselves better. Another adaptation they make is that they tend to begin their life under a nurse tree that can give them shelter and moisture.



  • Backward-Looking
Link
       Some things I knew before the project were what adaptations are and different types of them also what some of the biomes are. Adaptations are special characteristics an animal or plant has that helps them survive in their environment. One type of adaptation is a behavioral adaptation, which is a way a certain animal acts. Another type of adaptation is a physical adaptation, and that is a physical change or characteristic that helps that organism survive. One type of biome is the desert and that place is hot sandy place that doesn't have much and water and living organisms in it. Another biome I knew was the rainforest which is hot and humid and has lot's of animals living there.

  • Inward-Looking
Link
       I feel good about my project and I feel good about it because I feel I did really well on everything. One part of my project that I like is that I spent a lot of time trying to find my adaptations for both animal and plant so I know they are true. Also that I feel that my adaptations for both animal and plant are pretty good. One part of my project I didn't like was that my presentation wasn't the best out of the 4 people in my group so that shows me I needed to do a little bit better. One part of the project that I enjoyed was that I got to research an animal and plant I wanted to learn about.

  • Outward-Looking
        I would give my project an A. I'd give it an A because I followed the rubric and did everything correct. Also because all my adaptations were adaptations and they were unique adaptations. Another reason is because mostly everything I wrote was detailed. One other reason is because I feel in my presentation I did really well. The final reason is because I added extra facts in my presentation and little bit in my slide.



  • Forward Looking

       One thing I would change if I could do this project over again is making my slide a little more organized. Also in my slide adding animations to make my slide more unique. Another thing I would change is adding some facts about the desert on my slide to get extra credit. Another thing I would change is maybe taking this project a little more seriously so my presentations and slide could be better and also it would've improved my overall knowledge on the project. The last thing I would change is maybe spending a little bit more time researching why my animal plant had these adaptations than just researching what their adaptations are.








  1. They tend to begin their life under a nurse tree that can give them shelter
  1. They tend to begin their life under a nurse tree that can give them shelter and moisture

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sulfur Cycle 1/20/18

Plate Tectonics 3/10/18

Analog Vs. Digital debate - WAC 3 Argument | Nicolas Reed-8th Grade Science