Master Mines 2/10/16


Link
    In the activity Master Mines you had to go in a mine and find a mineral, then you had to do tests on it to identify it, then you had to answer a questions about what each test is. What I learned was some of the types of tests people use to identify minerals and other material and what each test does and what each test is. Some types of tests people use are the streak, luster, hardness, color, structure, density, and conductivity test. Luster ( I'm explaining what this test tests ) is the physical property of a "mineral of a mineral that describes the way light reflects off its surface. The 4 minerals I tested so far are diamond, quartz, graphite, borax. Another thing I learned was the what the hardest mineral is and the hardest mineral is diamond although diamond is pretty fragile. I really liked doing this activity because at my old school we barely did science so all in all it was fun learning about minerals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sulfur Cycle 1/20/18

Plate Tectonics 3/10/18

Analog Vs. Digital debate - WAC 3 Argument | Nicolas Reed-8th Grade Science