Element Baby Book 3/2/16

Link
  Nickel
       What the project was
What my science class had to do for this project was we had to pick an element     ( my element was nickel )  from the periodic table and answer a series of questions about your element ( everybody got the same questions ). Then when you were done with that then you had to make a google slides presentation about your research.


     What I learned from doing this project was the way to find an element's family is by looking at the elements in its group  ( Palladium, platinum, and Darmstadtium ). I also learned what an atomic number is for an element the atomic number is how much protons the element has ( 28 ). Another thing I learned is the three types of an element a metal, non-metal, and a metalloid ( metal ). The most interesting things though were nickel is used to make pans and cars ( also they are apart of the car and pan meaning it is in it ) also nickel lasts for 25-35 years.

     The things I knew before this project started was how the periodic table is organized which by it's atomic number also if it is a metal, nonmetal, or a metalloid. Another thing I knew was what columns are called in the periodic table and what they are called is a group. I also knew what a row is called and it is called a period. On other thing I knew was that all elements in the periodic table are made of many or few atoms. The last thing I knew was the 3 states of matter which is liquid, gas, and solid.

     The way I feel about this piece of work is amazing. My reason for that is because I know everything was in the right place. I also liked that it was very easy to do the writing portion because nickel is used for many things. The thing I feel bad about is I spent to much of the minimal time I had for the project doing research. The thing I enjoyed about this project was that I didn't spend so much time researching that I had not time to do the project itself because that would've really stressed me out.

     I would give this piece of work an A because I feel the whole project was very crisp meaning organized and not boring. Also because I crossed checked my facts so I know they are correct. Another reason is because I feel my writing portion was very understandable well written. Another reason is because I used many different websites so I had many different types of facts which is important for a project. My last reason is because I asked my friends what they did (meaning how they did things) and put that into mine to make it better.

    The things I would change about this project are that I wish I spent a little bit more time on the writing part of the project and wrote a little more. Because I know that their are a lot more ways a nickel can be used. Another thing I would change is making the birth certificate better. The way I way I wouldv'e done that is by not trying to make the rest of my project so fancy. The last thing I would change is spending more of my research on what nickel was used for and spend less time on cross checking all the facts because I crossed checked every fact five times.



   



     



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sulfur Cycle 1/20/18

Plate Tectonics 3/10/18

Analog Vs. Digital debate - WAC 3 Argument | Nicolas Reed-8th Grade Science