Mutations 1/29/17

Mutation of Spiderman Link

This week in science I learned a lot about mutations because we had to write a paper on how they got their super powers. One thing I learned was what happens when the cell is copying the DNA and a base gets added, deleted, replaced, or genetically modified. Mutations are things that occur in the bod's DNA that aren't in the parents DNA. One other thing I learned was mutations are common but usually they don't make a difference because they are in the middle of a genome. Also, that mutations cannot happen like how they occur in spider man. The last thing I learned was that after the mutation happens the cell tries to find any changes (mutations) to make sure their is none but sometimes they don't happen.

S&EP6_Constructing Explanations and Designing Solutions-

     This week I constructed explanations of how my superhero got his powers. I constructed an explanation that involved scientific fact and creativity. I also created an explanation of how, what, and when mutations occur. So as you can see I created many explanations about mutations and those explanations are important because they tell you truly what I am talking about.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sulfur Cycle 1/20/18

Plate Tectonics 3/10/18

Analog Vs. Digital debate - WAC 3 Argument | Nicolas Reed-8th Grade Science