Why I Returned to AdVENTURE | 8/27/18

   
       This year I decided to return to AdVENTURE and spend my last year of middle school here. In my past 3 years here I have had a great time and have learned a lot. AdVENTURE has given me many things, one of those being friendships. AdVENTURE has also taught me many things in engaging ways which made learning those things much more enjoyable. But I did not just come back to AdVENTURE because of the education, I also came back due to the after school programs such as sports, and doing these sports is very fun. So when taking these things into account, I had very little reason to not attend AdVENTURE, which is why I decided to come back.

       Some of my best friends have come from AdVENTURE, and without AdVENTURE I would probably not even know most of my friends today. These friendships played a vital role in me coming back. But it was not just my friends that made me want to come back, it was also the fact that AdVENTURE has taught me many important things like math, English, science, and history. So what AdVENTURE has taught me has also influenced my decision of re-enrolling at AdVENTURE. In addition to liking what we are being taught, I also like how we are being taught.

Exceeding Expectations by R.R.
       I had a great time almost every year learning these new things here at AdVENTURE. This is due to how at AdVENTURE teaches using technology and project based learning, which I really enjoy. It really just makes learning much more efficient. But this type of teaching does not just make learning more enjoyable, it also prepares us for the future and is something that not all schools teach. As you may know, technology is the future of this world. So learning how to use it will be almost essential in obtaining good job opportunities in the future. As for project based learning, almost every job involves working in a group or with peers. Almost every person I know either works in a team or has co-workers that help them with their job. Project based learning prepares us for this due to how most of our projects are done in groups. In result, we overtime have learned how to be a part of a group and how to be successful in a group. So the fact that the way that AdVENTURE teaches prepares use for the future is also another reason why I decided to return. The last reason I came back to AdVENTURE is because although I go to AdVENTURE, I am still allowed to compete in after school sports (at Herman) which is what I love doing. So sports also played a big role in my decision as well. And for these reasons I decided to come back to AdVENTURE.

       My goals for my final year at AdVENTURE are to do very well academically, perform at high level in after school sports, and become a better group member.  I want to make sure that my high school will see me as a great student which is why part of my academic goal is to receive valedictorian and get all A's. I would also, by the end of they year, like to score very high in my I-Ready and state tests (middle of 9th grade level). Another academic goal of mine is to do double of the amount of CJSF community service hours that are needed. My main goal for after school sports is to receive first place in every single cross country and track and field meet (most importantly the last meet, or the finals for each sport). I would also like to break a 5 minute mile due to how it would be a major accolade and achievement. My last goal is to become a better group member through improving my communication skills and my respectfulness. This is due to how sometimes I get frustrated during projects and tend to take it out on my teammates, which is a habit I would like to break. I just want my last year at AdVENTURE to be my best year, and I feel that striving to achieve these goals will allow it to be so.

       For my last middle school year I elected to spend that time at AdVENTURE. I have received so much from AdVENTURE both intellectually and physically. It has taught me things in an inventive way. It has taught me things that a lot of schools don't even teach. It also allows me to do what I love and compete in after school sports. Most importantly, it has given me great friendships that I cherish. I also want to make sure that my last year at AdVENTURE is a great one, so I have set goals that will challenge me academically and physically. This is why I came back to AdVENTURE.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sulfur Cycle 1/20/18

Plate Tectonics 3/10/18

Analog Vs. Digital debate - WAC 3 Argument | Nicolas Reed-8th Grade Science