Scientist Wanted | 5/21/18-5/25/18

Image result for ozone hole
Link to Ozone Hole Image
Summary:

       This week in science we finished our scientist wanted project. For this project we had to choose a famous scientists (I chose Mario Molina) and then create a wanted poster on them. This project allowed me to learn many things about Mario Molina which then allowed me to develop a my thoughts about him. Based on what I learned I think that Mario Molina cares about helping the environment. This is due his many quotes he has about the environment (such as climate change) and the fact that he discovered the ozone hole. I also think that Mario cares about spreading the science field to Latinos and Hispanics. I think that he cares greatly about science and that he believes that their should be more Latinos and Hispanics in the field. I also think this this due to the following quote by him, "Many Latino kids should become scientists because we need scientists all over the world from all different backgrounds. We have many tough problems, and we need everybody's help to solve the problems." 

S&EP 8-Obtain, Evaluate, and Communicate Information:

       I communicated findings clearly through the creation of my wanted poster. I also communicated them through creating a flipgrid (video) talking about Mario and using facts that I put on poster. What my poster included about Mario was what he is famous for, his age, date of birth, place of birth, family members, educational background, places of his work, a quote by him, who he worked with, what he worked on, and a summary of his achievements. All of my information included headings that were hyperlinked to the source I used to find the information. My video about him included 3 things about him that I learned and was meant to inspire others to learn more about him.

XCC-Cause and Effect:

       The cause and effect relationship that I found has to do with Mario Molina and his work. Mario Molina is most famous for his important role in the discovery of the ozone hole and his studies done on the effects of man-made compounds on the ozone layer. Meaning that because he discovered the ozone hole and he cares for the environment (cause), he continued to research the ozone layer and began to research how man-made compounds effected it (effect). He did not just stop at discovering the ozone hole, he still continued to work and research it to figure out how humans effect it. This is the cause and effect relationship I identified this week in science.

Multiplier-Creator:

        This week in science I was a creator due to how I was consistently adding and creating on my scientist wanted poster. My friends gave me advice and I told myself, "I will do it." I will do what they said I should do to make it better. I was constantly adding to my poster, and just trying to make it better. Better in terms of making it easier to read and more like an actual wanted poster. I was constantly creating this week in science. This is why I was a creator in science this week.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sulfur Cycle 1/20/18

Plate Tectonics 3/10/18

Analog Vs. Digital debate - WAC 3 Argument | Nicolas Reed-8th Grade Science