Food Miles, In season 5/20/16

This week I learned about food miles and foods being in season. I learned about food miles by doing assignments that my Ms. Johnson. One thing I learned was what food miles are, Food miles are a way of measuring how far food as traveled before it reaches the person who eats it. Another thing I learned was what in season mean and in season means (for food) that the produce is good for picking and for being harvested. One other thing I learned was that food is healthier if you buy food that is in season because then people won't have to pray ethylene gas on it. Also that buying in season food is better for the environment because then gas won't go into the air because of the things transporting the food to a place where that produce isn't in season. The last thing I learned is that the less of the carbon footprint the food has the better it is for you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sulfur Cycle 1/20/18

Plate Tectonics 3/10/18

Analog Vs. Digital debate - WAC 3 Argument | Nicolas Reed-8th Grade Science