Charity Fair Exhibition Night & Project 12/16/15



        What I Did
          The project that Adventure did was called a Charity Fair.  The project was to find a charity and give facts about why it should be the charity for your grade.  Then we had to write a persuasive essay about why the student council should chose this charity (Diego and I chose St. Jude Children's Research Hospital) and the essay had to be 5 paragraphs long ( for my class ).  Another thing you had to do was figure out the carbon footprint for your item that you are going to sell.  Other things you had to do involve cost and profit analysis.  

The Start of the Project Blog
What I learned from doing this project is what a school fair is all about which is the people learning from your presentation not you, well partly you. The other thing I learned is in order to get people to come look at your project you need to be organized. Another thing I learned was that it is easier to do projects with partners, atleast for me, because it allows you to get more ideas be able to do more work because you can do a lot of things and so can the other so in the end it gives you a really good grade. My last reason is that by choosing a good topic for your project, in this case the charity adn the item you are selling, it will let the presentation a lot smoother and keep the person you are presentiong interested.

          The things that I knew about the subject before we started was that St. Jude is a very good charity because it is a free charity ( meaning it costs no money at all on the bill ) and it helps find cures for children's diseases.  I also knew how to calculate the prices and other things along those lines.  Another thing that I knew about the subject was how to write directions about the item / thing that you are making. I also knew that cake pops would sell pretty quickly because they are very delicious.



Link for Image
        How I feel about this piece of work is that is was very good and I know this because people that bought my cake pops and gave extra money because of what Diego and I told them about St. Jude.  I also feel that we did a very nice job on the poster by being organized. Other things that I liked were that we did very well on making the items.  One thing that I dislike that Diego only made 9 greeting cards when you were supposed to make at least 10 of the item that you are making. I dislike that because I feel that we kind of cheated on the project and I feel a little uncomfortable with cheating.
I enjoyed our project because we worked very well together on it.

       The grade I think my and Diego's project is worth is 100%.  My reasoning for that is that Diego and I collaborated well on the project.  Also because I feel that we were very good when we had to present to the people at the fair.  Another reason is that I feel that we did very well on the calculations and things like that. One other reason is I feel that our poster was pretty professional and that we did very well on the items ( greeting cards and cake pops ). But most importantly we picked a very good charity.

       What I would change about this project is to make the cake pops a little better.  Some of them did not have sprinkles and others were rushed.  Also be a little more creative with the project.  Another thing that I would change is make to more greeting cards.  One other thing I would change is make a couple cake pops and greeting cards with Diego.  Another thing I would change is maybe put up some signs or come to people and tell them about our items so we could sell quicker. But if sales went to fast we would have backup because I would also make a little more of the products that we were making ( greeting cards and cake pops ).








         

         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sulfur Cycle 1/20/18

Plate Tectonics 3/10/18

Analog Vs. Digital debate - WAC 3 Argument | Nicolas Reed-8th Grade Science