Chemistry Unit Test 1 Re-Grade 11/8/17


     The First Question I Got Wrong Was:

Copper (Cu) reacts with oxygen (O) to form copper oxide (CuO). The properties of CuO are 
most likely


I originally answered similar to both copper and oxygen. The correct answer was actually different from copper or oxygen. This is a better answer because of the fact that copper oxide is a totally different type of substance from copper and oxygen. So it makes sense how it wouldn't have similar properties to both copper and oxygen. This is why the correct answer is the better answer.

      The Second Question I Got Wrong Was:

Which of the following is the best evidence for a chemical reaction?

I originally answered gas bubbles. The correct answer was actually formation of a new substance. This is a better answer because of the fact that the question asked which was the best. Technically all can signify a chemical reaction, but formation of a new substance truly shows and is the best way to know and signify if a chemical reaction has occurred. This is why the correct answer was better than my answer.

      The Third Question I Got Wrong Was:

The reactants of a chemical reaction have

I originally answered the same chemical make up as the products. The correct answer was actually chemical properties different from the products. Just as before in the first question I got wrong, products are a totally different substance from the reactants. So it makes sense just as before how the  reactants would have a different chemical properties than the products. This is why the correct answer is better than my answer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sulfur Cycle 1/20/18

Plate Tectonics 3/10/18

Analog Vs. Digital debate - WAC 3 Argument | Nicolas Reed-8th Grade Science