Genetics and Traits 12/16/16


Punnet Square Link
       This week my science class learned about how genes and traits are passed on to their offspring. I learned this by doing activities and assignments. What I learned is that in order to find the probability of the trait your kid will have you have to make punnet squares. Another thing I learned was that if you have one dominant letter/allele (upper case letter) well then the dominant trait will always show. The only way a recessive trait will show is if you have two of the recessive letters/allele (lowercase letters). Another thing I learned was what homozygous means, which is you have to of the same alleles and also what heterozygous means, which is when you two different alleles. The last thing I learned was what type of traits can be inherited which is eye color, height, hair color, ear shape, etc.

S&EP 1-Asking Questions and Defining Problems:

       This week I asked a lot of questions because I had questions about the definitions of words like homozygous and heterozygous. Also what alleles are, and how to get a dominant and recessive trait, things like that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sulfur Cycle 1/20/18

Plate Tectonics 3/10/18

Analog Vs. Digital debate - WAC 3 Argument | Nicolas Reed-8th Grade Science