Biogeochemical Cycles Project Blog 1/26/18

Summary:

My Biogeochemical Cycle Project
       What we had to do for this project is we had to first pick a biogeochemical cycle that you would like to make a comic about and then make a comic to show the cycle that you chose. What I learned through doing this project is that all living things need sulfur to survive. I also learned that the three most known steps (in order) for the water cycle is the first step is evaporation and condensation, and precipitation. Evaporation is when liquids (mainly from oceans, rivers, etc.) turn into a gas that is known as water vapor. Condensation is when the water vapor changes back into a gas. The last step, precipitation is when the water that just formed in the step of condensation rains back down to earth. Another thing I learned is that the carbon cycle is basically made up of two miny cycles or systems known as photosynthesis and cellular respiration. One other thing I learned is that sulfur dioxide can be released into the atmosphere in three different ways. One way is through volcanic activity, another way is through the ocean releasing dimethyl sulfide (DMS) into the atmosphere and that DMS reacting with oxygen to create sulfur dioxide. The last way is through human emissions and fossil fuels being released into the air. The last thing I learned was that all cycles are important and vital for not just human survival, but all living things and organisms survival.
     
Backward-Looking:

       The process I had to go through to produce this piece/project is a 5 part process. The first part had to with me researching and I getting/finding all information needed in order to create the best comic (project) possible. The second step was figuring out what I was going to say for each frame (caption, dialogue, and thought bubbles). The third step was changing what I originally wrote for the captions and making it in first person wording as if my character was simply talking to the readers/audience. The fourth step was actually drawing each frame to help represent and show each part (also what I said in the caption for the picture) of the Sulfur Cycle. So basically my fourth step was making a rough draft of my drawings that I will use for the project.The fifth, and last part of my process was actually putting each panel in order onto a poster then on to a backboard.
     
Inward-Looking:

       I feel pretty good about my project/piece of work. The parts of the project I like are how my character looks through each part/stage of the cycle and the drawings that go with it. I like this because I really enjoy making things that are creative and these drawings were creative. What I disliked about my project is that my handwriting/penmanship wasn't the best. I dislike this because I am afraid that not everyone will be able to read my handwriting and if they can't read my handwriting then nothing will make sense about my project. What I enjoyed about my project is that it is original, fun, and informal. Three things I love and strive to have in all my projects. What was especially satisfying about the finished product of my project was that I realized that my drawings were actually pretty good. I have never been good at drawing, and I just proved to myself through this project that I do have the ability to draw.

Outward-Looking:

       I did and did not do my work similar to the ways that others did their projects. The ways that I did my project that are similar to others is that my project has a squishy character, and many others also chose to use/do a squishy character. The ways that I did my project different from others is that I did a first draft of what my project was going to look like. Another way I did my project different from others is that I spent a lot of time and organization on my research for the project. Basically, I did my project differently from others by spending much more time preparing than others did. The last way I did my project different others is that I outlined my drawings with black pen and wrote in black pen. What I want my classmates and people to notice/see when they look at my project is how both the picture, the captions, dialogue, and thinking bubbles all match up to show one whole part/step in the cycle.

Forward-Looking:

       One thing I would like to improve upon is my penmanship/handwriting. I felt that if anything were to way my grade down the most, it would be my penmanship. My penmanship wasn't terrible, but it wasn't the best either. But it could've been a lot better. This is why if we had a chance to do this project over again I would like to improve on my handwriting/penmanship for all writing parts of the project. These writing parts are captions, dialogue, and thought bubbles. Two goals I would like to set for myself for next time is that I will do this project all my own. What I mean by this is that I hope that next time I will get close to no help at all from my parents and my classmates and still create a great project. This project I got help from both my parents and my classmates and next time I hope that I won't need their help, but I will still be able to produce a project as good this one (my biogeochemical cycle project). My second and last goal for next time is that I hope that next time I will have much better neater and better handwriting/penmanship. I feel that by improving my handwriting/penmanship it will make my project much better.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sulfur Cycle 1/20/18

Plate Tectonics 3/10/18

Analog Vs. Digital debate - WAC 3 Argument | Nicolas Reed-8th Grade Science